Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Big 30

Last night, I hit the big 3-0....thirty babies caught as an actual midwife! I was looking back at my birth log this afternoon...after I woke up...from being at the birth center until 2:00 am. 19 of the babes have been boys and 11 have been girls, 13 have been first time Mama's and 17 have had babes before. During this time, I have also supported several families who ended up having thier babes by cesarean section...5 of those stories...all healthy and happy...3 girls and 2 boys. If, in my short and young career, I have started to learn anything it is that you can never assume anything about women, birth or babies...they will always surprise you at every chance.

I have the utmost gratitude and respect for the families that have allowed me to share in thier journies. I am continually in awe of the process....

No comments:

Post a Comment