Thursday, January 20, 2011

conference day

I was able to spend yesterday at conference, which was fabulous, for several reasons. First, I love learning and studying...I know, I know...but, if I am being honest, I am a complete nerd. Going to conferences is one way that I can get my batteries re-charged and it is always great to share stories and experiences with others. Second, there were several of my past fellow nursing co-workers in attendance and it was great to see them!

I went to the conference because I have been working on our policy/procedure for hypertension and that was one of the main foci. Before I finalized my information, I wanted to make sure that it was all up to date and correct. At the risk of sounding snotty....all my stuff was/is right on...so that was a nice ego boost.

The presenter was great, a nurse with oodles of experience and knowledge. In the middle of the event, surrounded by nurses and other midwives, NNP's and NICU nurses. I had a big realization....I love nurses, I am proud to be a nurse and of the work I did as one....but I don't ever want to work as one again. And, I hope that I am always blessed to work out of the hospital as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment